3.31.2014

Making my first business page.

When I made the decision to return to school for photography, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with the degree. All I was sure of was I wanted a know more about the art and to become a better photographer for myself. But as friends ask me to be second shooters for weddings or help out at family shoots, I begin to see myself actually doing it -- actually becoming a photographer. You're probably like 'Duh. You're in school for it. Why wouldn't you?' Becoming a professional photographer was never my goal. It was something that fell under the category of a "Dream Job." Kinda like, when I grow up I want to be an astronaut. But this dream job of mine might actually be a reality.

Cause peeps, I just made a business Facebook page!

It took some courage and a lot help from my friend Mary to make it happen. I was terrified that it would look silly and no one would like it. Still don't have millions of likes ;) it but at least it's made! Baby steps.
I'm working on building a larger portfolio. If you're looking for pictures and you're in the area don't hesitate to shoot me an email. Because I'm trying to grow my portfolio all shoots would be complimentary. Thanks!

 photo lauriesig2_zps9ddb0c9f.jpg

5 comments:

  1. How EXCITING!!! It's always scary to take a leap of faith, but you'll do a wonderful job! Also, being a second shooter is the best! You don't have the pressure of getting all the shots, you're kind of there as the bonus photographer! Bonus=winning right?! When we make it back to the states eventually, I plan on taking a few more photography classes myself! Seriously my favorite hobby! Good luck with your venture, and if you ever want a photography site built, hit me up! ;) I'm currently building Rachel's (Postcards from Rachel).

    Can't wait to see how this develops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations! wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so so excited for you Laurie! i felt the same way when i was in school. i loved what i studied but didn't know what actually doing it looked like until i started internships and then started getting really excited about it. i can't wait to see where this takes you because your photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations! really inspiring ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So wish I lived closer so you could take my pics!! And love your pic, gorgeous lady!! xo!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...